controlling ports: connection refused

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Sat May 20 12:05:22 PDT 2006

"Peter Michaux" <petermichaux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having fun getting things working with FreeBSD. Hopefully I won't
> have too many questions for you guys but another speedbump. This looks
> like a SVN question but I think it is really a FreeBSD question.
>
> I have Mac OS X 10.3.9 on one computer and FreeBSD 6.1 on another.
> They are both connected to my router. If I start a webserver (Webrick
> for a Rails web applications) on the FreeBSD machine, then I can view
> the website
> on my Mac by navigating to "http://192.168.0.103:3000/". So I know the
> two machines can talk to each other.
>
> On the FreeBSD machine I created an svn repository, did an initial "svn
> import" and can checkout the repostitory two ways. This is all on the
> FreeBSD machine.
>
> # cd /home/peter/
> # svn checkout file:///home/peter/projectA
> Checked out revision 1
>
> # cd /home/peter/
> # svnserve -d -r /home/peter/proj
> # svn checkout svn://localhost/projectB
> checkout out revision 1
>
> So I know svn is working.
>
> Now I would like to do a checkout on the Mac
>
> $ svn checkout svn://192.168.0.103/projectB
> subversion/libsvn_ra_svn/client.c:141: (apr_err=61)
> svn: Can't connect to host '192.168.0.103': Connection refused
> $ svn checkout svn://192.168.0.103:3690/projectB
> subversion/libsvn_ra_svn/client.c:141: (apr_err=61)
> svn: Can't connect to host '192.168.0.103': Connection refused
>
> Any ideas what I should do?

You should probably start the Subversion server on the FreeBSD machine.
What does sockstat -4 tell you?  I'm guessing you never started the
subversion server.

--
Bill Moran

ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about
 killing?
BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of
 kneecaps.