sshd delay

Andrew andrew.chace at gmail.com
Sat May 20 10:22:16 PDT 2006

Hello,

This is perhaps a long shot, but anyway...

I assume the reason you tried turning off DNS look-ups is that remote
host cannot resolve the local hostname, or it can, but takes a
relatively long time to do so. You might check and see if syslog has DNS
look-ups enabled. It's been a while, but I think we had a similar
problem and don't ask me why, but turning off DNS look-ups for syslog
solved the problem. I can't believe that sshd would block waiting for
syslog, but I suppose it could be true...

-Andrew