Tyan S5161 compatibility with freebsd ? (or alternatives?)

Gerald de la Pascua gerald at homes-on-line.com
Fri May 19 02:18:43 PDT 2006

Hi,  I looking to put together a system running a pentiumD
must have a 64 bit pci card for a 3ware raid card,
my supplier is suggesting a

 Tyan S5161

does anyone have any experience with freebsd on this board,  ideally ACPI
would work,

what if I ditched the 3ware card,  has anyone run the onboard raid on this
card,  which drivers will it use?

I see this company are offering the mboard with pentiumD but freebsd is just
one of many operating systems mentioned,
http://www.fnordsystems.com/1u_fnord_60_product_page.shtml

Alternatively what do people suggest that works well with a pentiumD ?

thanks for any help in advance,

Cheers Gerald