What's up with 6.1 and ATA????

Mike Meyer mwm-keyword-freebsdquestions.8c5a2e at mired.org
Thu May 18 18:05:55 PDT 2006

Um, someone want to tell me what happened to the ATA drivers in
6.1-RELEASE? I tried to upgrade my desktop box from 5.4 to
6.1-RELEASE, only to have the CDROM fail to find the SATA drive. I
wind up upgrading to 5-STABLE from CVS instead, which works fine.

Today, I tried upgrading an old appliance from 4.X to 6.1. Same thing
- the 6.1 CDROM boots, then fails to find the drive.

Have the ATA drivers been mangled in some way? Or is this a problem
with the CDROM, and if I install 5.X and then upgrade via CVS to 6.1,
it'll work?

	Thanks,
	<mike