makeworld FAILURE on 5.4-STABLE

Donald J. O'Neill duncan.fbsd at gmail.com
Wed May 17 07:44:14 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 05:10, Kyrre Nygard wrote:

> Hey man,
>
> # df
> Filesystem     Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
> /dev/ad4s1a    248M     35M    193M    15%    /
> devfs          1.0K    1.0K      0B   100%    /dev
> /dev/ad4s1d    248M     80M    148M    35%    /var
> /dev/ad4s1e    248M     10K    228M     0%    /tmp
> /dev/ad4s1f    142G    118G     12G    91%    /usr
>
> Great shot! :)
>
> So in my case, can I not first mount /dev/ad4s1f from FreeSBIE
> maybe, delete everything except my home directory, and then run a
> FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE reinstall, skipping the parts that would
> mess with my /dev/ad4s1f?
>
> Hehe, no it would not be the end of the world.
> But it would put an end to the fruits of a lot of struggle.
>
> See you around man,
> Kyrre

The problem is that you've got home mounted under usr. Usr is going to
have to be redone when you install 6.1 .

Did you set your disk up according to what was recommended? I got bit in
the ass one time doing it that way, it took me about a week to
determine that '/' wasn't big enough. After that, I setup according to
what I know won't give me a problem if I ever have to do something.

I think, if it was me, I'd look at some big harddrives and go from
there.

Don