Gxine cant start : mcop.

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue May 16 19:08:07 PDT 2006

hi guys,
I was using gxine on a Toshiba Tecra A2 (sound working ok). I moved that system
to a Thinkpad z60m (sound not working, Intel High Def Audio, panics on loading
OSS Drivers).

Now, on the Thinkpad, everytime I try to start gxine I get:

[betom at ayiin] [Wed May 17 09:18:01 2006]
~
$ gxine
server: trying to connect to already running instance of gxine
(/home/betom/.gxine/socket)... connect: No such file or directory
server: socket '/home/betom/.gxine/socket' created
mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
Creating link /home/betom/.kde/socket-ayiin.sharmannetworks.com.
can't create mcop directory

[betom at ayiin] [Wed May 17 09:18:09 2006]
~
$ sudo gxine
server: trying to connect to already running instance of gxine
(/home/betom/.gxine/socket)... connect: Connection refused
server: socket '/home/betom/.gxine/socket' created
mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
Link points to "/tmp/ksocket-root"
can't create mcop directory

I don't see exactly where the problem is. Ktrace didnt show (to me) anything
that wouldnt be fixed by running as root.

Also, I recently changed from wdm to gdm, but I dont see how this would affect
it.

Any pointers?
thnx,
Beto