makeworld FAILURE on 5.4-STABLE

David Stanford dthomas53 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 03:50:25 PDT 2006

Kyrre,

How large is your /var slice? If it's large enough to fit /home (or at least
the files you'd like to save), maybe try booting into single-user mode,
mount /usr and /var, wipe out /var, copy the files from /usr/home to /var,
and just remember to document what slice /var was. Then you could just
reinstall the base system around it using a 6.1-RELEASE CD, no?

Just a shot in the dark...

-David