after upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1

Jeff Cross jeff.cross at averageadmins.com
Mon May 15 16:28:05 PDT 2006

Jeff Cross wrote:
> Zimmerman, Eric wrote:
>>> If you followed those instructions, you used the wrong cvsup tag.  Set
>> the
>>> tag to:
>>> *default release=cvs delete tag=RELENG_6_1
>>>
>>> in your cvsupfile, and rebuild everything again.
>>>
>>>          -Derek
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You used my page (mikestammer.com) to upgrade. =)
>>
>> Notice the comment in the standard-supfile says:
>>
>> # use 'RELENG_6' for STABLE or 'RELENG_6_0' for RELEASE
>>
>> As others have mentioned, you would use:
>>
>> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_1
>>
>> To get FreeBSD 6.1.
>>
>> I added a note to make it a little clearer:
>>
>> NOTE: Change the cvs tag as appropriate for what you are trying to do!
>> IE if you want FreeBSD 6.1 RELEASE, use *default release=cvs
>> tag=RELENG_6_1 and so on.
>>

>> The good news is the instructions worked =) Sorry for the confusion
>>
>> Eric

> I also used the mentioned directions but changed the tag to RELENG_6_1
> before beginning the process.  Here are the contents of my standard-supfile:
>
> # cvsup -g -L 2 standard-supfile
> *default host=cvsup3.us.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/var/db
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_1
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
> src-all
>
> The process went smoothly, shows my kernel recompiled today, but like
> the initial poster, it shows 6.0-RELEASE in the uname -a output:
>
> FreeBSD xtop.xnet.local 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Mon May 15
> 08:14:54 CDT 2006     cross at xtop.xnet.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
>  i386
>
> I followed the directions to a "t" minus the custom kernel.  I just
> recompiled the kernel w/o the KERNCONF= parameters.  Have I done
> something incorrect also?  Do some CVS servers by chance not have the
> upgraded source?  I will try this again in a little while but don't
> really want to take the time if my results will be the same in the end.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jeff Cross
> http://www.averageadmins.com/

Ok, so after looking at my supfile again, I noticed that I didn't add
the prefix line.  So, I will try this again but I have one more
question: What happened since that line wasn;t in the file?  Where did
it download everything to?  Is there anything I need to clean up?

Jeff Cross
http://www.averageadmins.com/