PHP not working

fbsd fbsd at a1poweruser.com
Sun May 14 09:56:16 PDT 2006

New in 6.1 the port group decided to change the default which
activates the include of php4/5 for apache. I agrees this was a very
stupid thing to do as it now is causing all the apache/php users to
change the way they have installed php5 in the past. It's my
understanding that php4 & php5 packages can no longer be used to
install php for apache. You have to use the port version of php4 or
php5 and first do a "make config" and select the apache option and
then do "make install".

If you think it was stupid for the ports group to change the default
in 6.1 then post a email to ports at freebsd.org and let them know how
you feel about this.