makeworld FAILURE on 5.4-STABLE

Donald J. O'Neill duncan.fbsd at gmail.com
Sun May 14 09:17:13 PDT 2006

On Sunday 14 May 2006 07:31, Kyrre Nygard wrote:

> >I believe it should be:
> >
> >chflags -R noschg /usr/obj/usr
> >rm -rf /usr/obj/usr
> >cd /usr/src
> >

> >Yes, the 'make cleandir' statement is run twice.
> >
> >--
> >Gerard Seibert
> >gerard at seibercom.net
>
> Once or twice, it is still irrelevant.
>
> Thank you so much though.
>
> -- Kyrre

Ah, Kristian, I see you're back. And you still can't get
past 'buildworld'. And you're still giving kind of flip answers,
although with a thank you at the end. What processor are you using?

You know, your best bet might be to blow off the 5.4 and do a new
install with a 6.1-RELEASE disk. At least then you could get upgraded.

Ok, I saw an error in your beginning procedure:
cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile
cd /usr/obj
chflags -R noschg

It's right here. You need to use this:
	chflags -R noschg *

rm -rf *
cd /usr/src
make clean

Also, Instead of 'make clean' , run 'make cleandir', twice, as was
suggested.

Try that and be sure to keep it out of a script.

Don