Is there a daemon/program for FreeBSD that accepts Microsoft RDP connections?

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Sun May 14 01:12:14 PDT 2006

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> [...]
No solution for the RDP protocol exists on Unix as its a proprietary
protocol that I think would be difficult to implement given X11's setup
on Unix. However, there's also the NoMachine NX server/client protocol
to look into, which is hailed as a Unix counterpart for RDP. See
<http://www.nomachine.com/> for a licensed version and
<http://freenx.berlios.de/> for a GNU opensource version. So if you
really want to sell your boss on remote access with FreeBSD, I would
look into this solution.
-Garrett