libphp5.so not compiling for apache (was hello)

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri May 12 12:25:03 PDT 2006

Jonathan Horne wrote:
>> I `ve got a question about installing the php5 module.
>> I`m installing it from the /usr/ports/www/php5-session port.
>>
>> Everything runs ok and it seems like the module is installed.
>> There is only one problem, in the httpd.conf there is a LoadModule
>> php5_module refering to libexec/apache/libphp5.so.
>>
>> The library libphp5.so is not made by the install and so my appache will
>> not start with the php5 enabled.
>>
>> What is wrong and what can i do to let the install make the libphp5.so.
>>
>> Ok thanks in advance,
>> Justin.
>>

> i was having the same issue yesterday.  take a look at the
> /usr/ports/lang/php5/Makefile.  this was where my problem was, and tho i
> didnt use the www/php5-session, i would make a bet that if you begin from
> there with  no php5 installed at all, then it backs up and begins from
> lang/php5, and then moves on from there.
>
> the problem with my lang/php5/Makefile was, that this line was not
> included (totally not there... not even there and commented out):
>
> WITH_APACHE=    yes
>
> once i added it, did a pkg_delete -r php5-5.1.4 (-r = recurse all
> dependencies against this package), and started over, the lib file
> compiled on the next attempt.
>
> the port for php5-5.1.2 included that line, and therefor the lib file
> compiled by default previously.  im not sure if the omission of
> "WITH_APACHE=    yes" was by intention or not, but ill have to be sure to
> check it for near future installs.

The canonical way to do this is by typing 'make config' in the lang/php5
port, and making sure the 'Apache' checkbox is checked.  Then reinstall
php5. This will create a supplementary makefile under /var/db/ports/ which
will set various options according to your desires, and which will persist
across ports updates and so forth.  It is, however, a bit of a bug in the
whole options processing thing that if the list of available options changes,
you aren't prompted to redo the configuration step when you go to update
the port.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Flat 3