Gnome2 fails because of avahi and howl ports

E. J. Cerejo edu07643 at yahoo.com.br
Thu May 11 16:01:17 PDT 2006

I'm running Freebsd 6 stable and I'm trying to upgrade gnome2 using portupgrade and I get this:

===>  Installing for avahi-0.6.10_1

===>  avahi-0.6.10_1 conflicts with installed package(s):
      howl-1.0.0_1

      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/avahi.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/avahi.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portinstall7725.0 make reinstall
** Fix the installation problem and try again.
** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
        ! net/avahi     (install error)
--->  Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed

I updated the ports several times already but I still get the same error, is there a way around this?

EJC
www.only7bucks.com