php5 and mod_php5 for apache?

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Thu May 11 07:37:37 PDT 2006

im scratching my head here, and kicking myself for not already having a better
understanding about how things work during compile (i have 0% skill in any
programming language... except *basic*html... which dont consider worthy of
being called a skill *wink*)

my production system, was recently reinstalled as 6.0-RELEASE, and cvsup'd to
6.1-RC (about 1 week or so before 6.1-RELEASE came out).  from ports, i
installed apache 2.0 just fine, then php5 and php5-extensions, the same way i
always do.  i even have my own documentation for the exact order i compile
each port on every production and development system i build.  the php5
version listed in pkg_info on my production server says php5-5.1.2_1.

now, my problem:
i have a development system that i installed as 6.0-RELEASE, and cvsup'd to
6.1-STABLE.  exact same port installation order, apache 2.0, then php5, then
php5-extensions.  the php5 version listed in pkg_info now says php5-5.1.4,
and after compiling both ports, the libphp5.so line does not appear in
httpd.conf, and libphp5.so cannot be found on the system (on my production
system, both the actual file in /usr/libexec/apache2 and the line in
httpd.conf appeared automatically).

i cannot understand where i am going wrong here, can someone shed some light
for me?

thanks,
jonathan