OT: Torn between SCSI and SATA for RAID

cknipe at savage.za.org cknipe at savage.za.org
Thu May 11 10:51:30 UTC 2006

Quoting lars <lars at gmx.at>:

> I recently read an interesting comparison
> on consumer and enterprise grade harddisks:

http://www.seagate.com/content/docs/pdf/whitepaper/D2c_More_than_Interface_ATA_vs_SCSI_042003.pdf

This was posted yesterday in responce to my question as well.  That document
deals mainly with the performance and reliability of the different types of
hard drives (i.e. SATA vs SCSI).

My questions that I'm posting is not really related towards the performance of
the system, it's more towards the capacity of the system... I guess it boils
down to the physical hardware... How does everything connect, how to expand
systems, and how to run arrays bigger than what one single controller can
provide...