New FreeBSD Logo

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Thu May 11 07:38:31 UTC 2006

Dave,

  This isn't true, there were a lot of submissions for the logo
contest.

>How many people actually keep a development server running just to help
>open source developers test patches or updates, even when those patches
>and updates do not affect them?

I do, and I used it to produce a patch to the bge driver a few
weeks ago to stop panics on the HP DL320 G4.  The patch was
submitted to the PR database per instructions.

And guess what - that patch hasn't been applied.  Not only that,
but the developer assigned to the driver hasn't even posted
a reason why he DOESEN'T want to apply it.

If you want to get pissed off about apathy, please get pissed
off about stuff like that.

Ted