X11 6.9 issue -- option "ZAxisMapping" -- "4 5" vs "4 5 6 7"

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Wed May 10 22:35:29 UTC 2006

martinko wrote:
> Robert Huff wrote:
>> martinko writes:
>>
>>>  i've just upgraded X11 from 6.8.2 to 6.9.0 and run into the
>>>  following issue:
>> 	I have had this:
>>
>>>  if i scroll my mouse wheel too fast, i'm suddenly moving in history
>>>  instead of scrolling the page. one quick finger movement is enough to
>>>  trigger this. very annoying.

<snip R Huff's Xorg.conf>

> robert, i'm not sure i got it.
> do your options fix the issue pls?

I had some problem very recently that sounds similar.

I came to the conclusion that xorg wasn't playing
nice with moused(8), which I run for console use.

Killing moused before entering a X session is
my current workaround.  I need to find time to look
into it more, but ....

May or may not be the same issue; I wholeheartedly
agree with 'very annoying', though!

KDK