New freeBSD logo on freebsd.org

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed May 10 11:33:17 PDT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 05:47:44PM +0000, cpghost wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 05:28:55PM +0200, Erik Trulsson wrote:
> > > Many professional logo design people never even knew about
> > > the contest to redesign the logo because it was not posted
> > > to the questions list where everyone reads.
> >
> > Not everyone reads the questions list.  Heck, not even all the
> > developers do, due to the low signal/noise ratio here.
>
> Uh-oh! A mindset like this would explain a lot of things. :-(
>
> Fortunately, there *are* developers here who do take users'
> questions seriously.

You missed the point.

Signal = questions from users about FreeBSD technical support.

Noise = lots of whining about the logo.

On the plus side, if you guys keep it up I'll be able to dramatically
improve my view of the S/N ratio by adding those with nothing better
to contribute than their indignation to my killfile (some are there
already) so I *can* focus on the user questions.

Kris