Auto mount/unmount USB hard drive

Joerg Pernfuss elessar at bsdforen.de
Tue May 9 14:09:22 UTC 2006

On Tue, 09 May 2006 09:12:12 -0400
Robert Fitzpatrick <lists at webtent.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 02:00 +0200, Joerg Pernfuss wrote:
> > If the msdosfs has a label, you could load geom_label.ko and use sth
> > like
> >
> > /dev/msdosfs/usbdisk	/mnt/usb	msdos
> > rw,noauto	0	0
> >

> Sorry for the direct message Joerg, I am resending this to the list.
np.

> Thanks, but how do I label the msdosfs? I assume something similar to
> tunefs for UFS, but I don't see a label option for msdosfs.

In newfs_msdos(8) it is the -I volume id option.

Maybe there is some tool available via ports that can change the volid
of an already existing msdosfs, the FreeBSD base doesn't contain one
as far as I know.

	Jörg
--
| /"\   ASCII ribbon   |  GnuPG Key ID | e86d b753 3deb e749 6c3a |
| \ / campaign against |    0xbbcaad24 | 5706 1f7d 6cfd bbca ad24 |