Sendmail, Cyrus-IMAP, mbox, maildir, berkeley-db

Chris Telting cdtelting-ml at comcast.net
Tue May 9 05:26:50 UTC 2006

I am confused as to a number of things so I'd appreciate being
straighted out.  I keep searching the web and looking at documentation
but I'm getting more confused.

Sendmail stores mail in mbox format.  I'm not sure if it allows other
storage formats such as maildir or berkeley-db.  And if so how it's enabled.

Cyrus-IMAP unless I'm mistaken by default looks for mail in the
derkeley-db file format.  I'm not sure if it also supports mbox and if
so how to configure that.

Chris Telting