Install 6.1 on Sparc64?

stan stanb at panix.com
Tue May 9 02:23:56 UTC 2006

I just decided to try my first non Intel install.

I've got a brand new Sun Blad 1500. I downloaded the 2
6.1 RELEAS CD's, burned them just like I do X86 ones,
halted teh machine, and typed "boot cdrom" at the ok prompt,
only to be told (very quickly) that the disk was not bootable.

Just to verify the hardware, I inserted the Solaris 10
CD and did a "boot cdrom" Bootedfine off of this.

What am I doing wrong?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967