Auto mount/unmount USB hard drive

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Mon May 8 23:40:46 UTC 2006

I have a USB hard drive mounting and working fine. I have the following
entry in /etc/fstab that allows it to work on boot. The device loads
as /dev/da4. But if I disconnect without unmounting the device, it
detaches, but when plugged back in, it receives a new device
as /dev/da5, which is not what is in fstab of course, yada, yada, yada.
Is there a way I can get it to automatically mount/unmount the drive
while working under the same device id as I unplug and plug back in?

/dev/da4s1     /mnt/usb        msdos   rw,noauto       0       0

Also, if I try to reboot after unplugging the device, I get a page fault
error. Not sure where this error is in the logs so I can post here in my
message.

--
Robert