freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

Marty Landman martster at gmail.com
Mon May 8 21:01:53 UTC 2006

On 5/8/06, Greg Barniskis <nalists at scls.lib.wi.us> wrote:

> > If you have enough RAM, go ahead and install 5.4 or 6.0 (or soon enough,
> > 6.1
> >> ).
> >
> > This box has 82M of ram, forgot to mention that.

According to the fine manual, you should be able to boot from a
> floppy and install 6.0 over FTP.

This is giving me problems for some reason. I've put the floppy images on a
Debian box in my office and dd'd onto a floppy. The boot.flp worked but then
with the kern1.flp - which I dd'd onto the same floppy as boot.flp had gone
on, get this after a while:

zf_read: fill error

readin failed

elf32_loadimage: read failed
Unable to load a kernel!

maybe I'll follow the other path and just install my needed software the old
fashioned way.

--
Web Installed Formmail - http://face2interface.com/formINSTal/
Webmaster's BBS - http://bbs.face2interface.com/