GUI mail client recommendations ...

Bryan Curl bc3910 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 16:10:41 UTC 2006

If that just fixes From in the header Im not sure that is entirely my
problem.
Since my bounces seem to be related to my localhost domain name, I wonder
about a setting like described here from sendmail's manual.

You can have your host masquerade as another using
MASQUERADE_AS(`host.domain')

This causes mail being sent to be labeled as coming from the indicated
host.domain, rather than $j. One normally masquerades as one of one's own
subdomains (for example, it's unlikely that Berkeley would choose to
masquerade as an MIT site). This behaviour is modified by a plethora of
FEATUREs <http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html>; in particular, see
masquerade_envelope<http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html#masquerade_envelope>,
allmasquerade <http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html#allmasquerade>,
limited_masquerade<http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html#limited_masquerade>,
and masquerade_entire_domain<http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html#masquerade_entire_domain>
.

On 5/8/06, albi <albi at scii.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 May 2006 07:14:05 -0600
> "Bryan Curl" <bc3910 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > mutt sends mail as usual. Then,
> > fetchmail -S smtp.myispmailserver.net
> >
> > The mail bounces from myispmailserver.net with an error like
> > me at walnut.bc.net (my private domain) is urecognized domain. (exact
> > message escapes me at this time)
> >
> > The question is how do I tell mutt to send all mail out through '
> > smtp.myispmailserver.net'?
> > Or maybe I need to configure sendmail or fetchmail differntly?
>
> sometimes i use mutt, this is the part in my .muttrc to get the
> from-address right :
>
> set sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail -falbi at scii.nl -oi -oem"
>
> --
> grtjs, albi