Remote screen control software - recommendations please

martinko martinkov at pobox.sk
Sun May 7 17:06:12 UTC 2006

Graham Bentley wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions on this. Perhaps I should have worded
> my question better (well, maybe not on a FreeBSD list ;)
>
> I am looking to control Windogs (yuk!) Desktops remotely (and as
> secure as possible - lol !)
>
> Thanks

i also used tightvnc and run it through an ssh tunnel from fbsd to
win2k. if you play with parameters it's quite responsive imho.
other than that, i would go for nx, but you need a unix/linux proxy
sever as you can't connect directly to windows. check their website for
explanation and more info or use google to find more articles..

martin