wlan on lowend laptop

Lars Udo lars.udo at gmail.com
Sun May 7 16:49:50 UTC 2006

2006/5/7, Hunter Fuller <hackmiester at hackmiester.com>:

> On  07 May 2006, at 9:19 AM, Lars Udo wrote:
>
> > i have a litlle problem with all these wires running here and there
> > in my
> > flat, and as i got a woman living here with me.. i cant stand her
> > complaining about those ugly wires allover the house. One beautiful
> > day, i
> > decided to get involved with wlan. But this one linux-dude said
> > that my
> > p233mmx/64ram couldnt run wlan.
> Lies, all lies! My P200/32mB RAM with 6.0-RELEASE acts as an AP or a
> client with WEP, WPA, etc with no issues.

Thanks for your opinion :)

> I dont know if he ment WAP/WEP-encryption as
> > he couldnt be any spesific and that got me thinking if he even knows
> > anything.
> >
> > My setup these days is following: 1Ghz/256ddr (Desktop mahcine,
> > with ssh
> > Xforwarding) via 10Mbit LAN,
> > and my laptop just happens to get a lot faster when i run all apps
> > on that
> > desktop-pc.
> Good idea, does it lag at all? I'm thinking of configuring that.

Yes it lags a little, but nothing compared for opera running natively
on laptop. Normally, websites
renders pic by pic.. but with this configuration, it all just jumps on
the screen instantly
after short period time of 'thinkin' which is about 1sec. I think that
100Mbit would be a great improvement.