video players broken

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sun May 7 10:44:15 UTC 2006

Ian Moore wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 May 2006 07:50, Brian John wrote:
> > Gerard Seibert wrote:

> > > Assuming you have an updated ports collection, it should work fine It
> > > does on my system.
> > >
> > > I would recommend that you update your ports again and then run
> > > 'portmanager -u -f -y -l' and see if that fixes the problem. At the very
> > > least, a log file will  be created '/var/log/portmanager.log' that might
> > > help track down the problem.
> > >
> > > HTH
> >
> > Hi, thanks for the advice.  I tried that command and it's been updating
> > for a couple of days (takes so long because of the prompts that come up
> > that stop the installs).  Anyway, now portmanager always gets to a
> > certain point and my computer reboots.  I looked in the logfile and
> > there isn't much there, this is at the end of the file:
> > Sun Apr 30 16:36:17 2006
> >  kdelibs-3.4.2_1                     /x11/kdelibs3
> >     OLD
> > kdelibs-3.5.2_1                     /x11/kdelibs3
> >
> > Any idea what could be causing this?
> >
> > Thanks again for the help
> >
> > /Brian

I did the same update without incident. You might want to place

BATCH=yes

in the /etc/make.conf file to stop those pesky prompts from appearing.
It won't correct the reboots however. Are you sure it is being cause by
a software problem and not a hardware situation? Is this just a
spontaneous reboot or is a message of some type displayed?

I am sure someone here probably has an answer for you though.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net