add DVD Burner and file system setup?

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Fri May 5 10:27:36 UTC 2006

Sean <tech.junk at verizon.net> wrote:

> David Kelly wrote:
> > On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 01:54:37PM -0400, Sean wrote:
> >> I just added a DVD burner to my system and am trying to figure out how
> >> to setup the fstab.
> >>
> >> The device is showing up on acd1 but what file system type should be
> >> specified?
> >
> > This is typical of what sysinstall writes if a CD/DVD is found during
> > installation:
> >
> > /dev/acd0      /cdrom      cd9660  ro,noauto       0 0
> >
> > The line isn't necessary, but it makes mounting optical media as simple
> > as "sudo mount /cdrom" and "sudo umount /cdrom" assuming your filesystem
> > is ISO-9660.

> Thanks, that is what I had done, but was wondering if I had to do
> anything different for a DVD.
>
> I recall that a region code also has to be set?

The region code is probably already set, but players can ignore it
unless the author signed a CSS license agreement. Free software authors
rarely do that, but some players respect the region code anyway.

If you use mplayer you can ignore the region code settings
of your drive. It will play discs from all around the world.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/