Getting DHCP to use resolv.conf? AN ANSWER

fbsd fbsd at a1poweruser.com
Thu May 4 01:02:15 UTC 2006

The script I sent are operational on FBSD 4.11
with the enter/exit-hooks scripts that are
part of the base install.
NB Dont forget I run the ipf firewall rewrite rules script manually
as
root
when my IP number changes, but the DHCP -> resolv.conf is automatic
via exit-hooks

The scripts are always called by dhclient, what I put in them
is what I attached.

And I am also using Postfix ... As far as I remenber pcre is only
needed by Postfix if you use pcre:<check-file> regular expression
type files in main.cf. If you use regexp:<check-file> then pcre is
not
used.

Murray Taylor

I checked postfix main.default.cf and find no "pcre" or "regexp"
options.
Please explain what you are talking about.

Thanks for your help