UML editor on FreeBSD - need recommendation

Pietro Cerutti pietro.cerutti at gmail.com
Tue May 2 22:18:50 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Gayn Winters <gayn.winters at bristolsystems.com> wrote:
> [...]

I'm not an expert in those things, I'm just an end-user, sorry...

> I assume the port java/poseidon is the "community edition" of Poseidon,
> i.e. the free and somewhat stripped down edition.

You can choose your edition at `make configure` time

> (http://gentleware.com/edcompare.0.html) I take it you find it adequate.
> Does the port depend on any particular GUI?  Is the performance ok under
> FreeBSD's Java?

No, AFAIK Poseidon it's completely written in Java, so it depends only
on java (=> 1.4)
The performance could be improved. In deed, it takes quite a long time
to load, but once running it's quite fast...

--
Pietro Cerutti
<pietro.cerutti at gmail.com>