Flash 7 and Firefox 1.5.0.2

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon May 1 05:19:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:13:24 +0300
Adi Pircalabu <apircalabu at bitdefender.com> wrote:

> First of all, make sure you have www/linuxpluginwrapper installed and
> properly configured. That being said:
>
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:09:04 -0500
> Jeff Cross <jeff.cross at averageadmins.com> wrote:
>
> > I also commented out all of the Flash 6 info in libmap.conf and
> > uncommented the Flash 7 lines.  However, when visiting a web site that
> > is Flash enabled, the browser crashes with:
> >
> > LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-mozilla/plugins/nphelix.so [Shared object
> > "libm.so.6" not found, required by "nphelix.so"]
>
> Update your libmap.conf for this one.
>
> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/pluginwrapper/flash7.so:
> > Undefined symbol "_dlsym"
>
> Did you read the post-install message of www/linuxpluginwrapper? If
> not, you must check /usr/ports/www/linuxpluginwrapper/pkg-message
>
> > Any ideas?  I am afraid there is something else I am supposed to do.
>
> The above would suffice at this time.
> Please note that this was discussed many (I mean MANY) times, you can
> search the archives

Jeff, please let me know how you go with this - I've tried this several times
(all steps,including patchign for _dlsym) with no luck... maybe I missed
something every time :-|... I'm thinking of using linux-firefox which ,
apparently, from a post to this list, supports the binary plugin from
macromedia.

Beto