HP OfficeJet 4215 Scanner question

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Mar 31 01:47:03 UTC 2006

In message: <200603310343.40529.danny at ricin.com>
            Danny Pansters <danny at ricin.com> writes:
: On Friday 31 March 2006 02:45, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > [[ please CC me on any reply, I'm not on this list ]]
: >
: > Greetings,
: >
: > I was wondering if anybody had any luck getting an HP OfficeJet 4125
: > working on FreeBSD.  I plugged it into my 6.1-beta4 system, and it was
: > recognized as a printer.  However, my attempts to get sane to access
: > the scanner portion have have failed.  What am I doing worng?
: >
: > It looks like I might need the hpijs for printing, but I need hplip
: > for scanning.  The hpijs appears to be a FreeSBD port, but I don't see
: > a hplip port.  Is there one?  Is this what I need?  Is there something
: > else that would work?
: >
: > Warner
: >
: > P.S.  Keywords for searches:
: >
: > Office Jet OfficeJet Series 4200 xsane
:
: You tried the hpoj port? It uses the ptal low level driver and cups for
: printing, others for scanning or faxing or photo camera flash card.

It failed on a different machine running -current.  I'll give hjop a
try.

Warner