terrible performance in 6.1beta4

usleepless at gmail.com usleepless at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 19:41:57 UTC 2006

Miguel,

> 3.0G

i looked at your top-screenshot, i have the impression you could
dedicate far more memory to postgresql. maybe it would be usefull to
post your postgresql.conf ( this is in fact a postgresql question, but
i don't care ).

you might want to turn fsync off, my limited knowledge about this
switch tells me it is only important in case of powerfailures.

you want to give postgresql as much memory as it needs, cause else it
will underperform heavily. this might be one of the reasons it is not
catching on as quick as i would like. postgresql is the best in OSS
though.

bring on your .conf!

regards,

usleep