passively cooled pci-e dual head video cards for X?

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Thu Mar 30 04:44:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 03:08:59PM -0800, George Hartzell wrote:

>  http://www.nvidia.com/page/quadronvs.html
>
> which seem to almost cut it.  Googling suggests that xinerma
> performance isn't usable, but that they do ok as separately managed
> desktops.

Nvidia has a proprietary mode called "TwinView".  It allows you to span
a single desktop across multiple monitors.  I think that's what xinerama
does.  It works great for me and I have no performance issues.

I'm currently using TwinView on a 5.2.1-RELEASE box and a 6.0-STABLE system.
Using a GeForce4 Ti 4200 on the former and a GeForce FX 5700 Ultra on the later.

HTH,

--
Regards,
Doug