Small Laser Printers

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 29 19:17:52 UTC 2006

Robert Uzzi wrote:
> Any one using a current small laser printer that cost's in the 100 to 200
> dollar range. I've been looking at several to print Invoices on but I keep
> running in circles trying to figure out if they will work. If you got
> something in that range to work which one?

I bought a Brother HL-2070N two weeks ago for C$183 (about $150US).  It
is fast and produces good quality output, but getting it working in the
first place was a bit difficult -- see
  http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2006-03-17-brother-hl-2070n.html
for more details and the instructions which worked for me.

Now that I've written down the instructions for setting it up, I have no
hesitation in recommending this printer.

Colin Percival