virtusertable blocking seems to have no effect

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Mar 29 14:18:08 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 12:35 am, Glenn Dawson wrote:
= I saw that, but you had that part right...I thought the only
= problem was with getting the reject message to work properly.
=
= Anyway...
=
= This is what I typically do:
=
= foo at bar.com           localaccount1
= bar at bar.com           localaccount2
= @bar.com              error:nouser 550 No such user here

Glenn, this is exactly what I have according to my initial posting
in this thread. I took the example from sendmail's cf/README:

= Here is (almost) what I have in the virtusertable:
=
=       stol at example.com  foo
=       hq at example.com    bar
=       @example.com      error:5.7.0:550 No spam, thanks

Unfortunately, as I write in that initial posting, although it does have
some effect, it does not seem sufficient:

= I can see the "No spam,thanks" messages logged in the maillog
= (without the space after coma, for some reason), but there is
= no reject=550 message logged (which interferes with my other
= software) and some of these messages seem to pass through
= (although others are intercepted by other anti-spam defenses).
=
= For example, here are the only two log entries, that a spam
= message generates:
=
= Mar 28 13:45:58 corbulon sendmail[40026]: k2SIjvvb040026: <xgfytxswpcpc at blackalpinist.com>... No spam,thanks
= Mar 28 13:45:58 corbulon sendmail[40026]: k2SIjvvb040026: from=<example at example.net>, size=3305, class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=example.example.net [xx.x.xx.xxx]
=
= Despite the "No spam,thanks" the message was accepted.
=
= What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Yours,

	-mi