Why are so many people using 4.x?

Michael Hughes mdh at jcn.net
Wed Mar 29 13:14:32 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:34:11 -0800
Joseph Vella <satyam at sklinks.com> wrote:

> I notice a lot of references to version 4.x.  Is there any
> overwhelming reason  why its use seems to be still popular.  I'm
> wanting to set up a server (just  for play) on my home network using a
> PII machine.  Am I better off using an  older version for such old
> equipment?  If so, do any particular versions  stand out?

  I use vinum on two of my machine and most of what I have seen on the
list about gvinum isn't good.  That is the main reson I haven't
upgraded.

  Is there anyone out there using gvinum on 6.x that can shed some light
on how well it is working now?

--
Michael Hughes                      Log Home living is the best
mdh at jcn.net

Temperatures:
Outside: 34.8 House: 69.5 Computer room: 66.3