Indiana goes to DST

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Tue Mar 28 18:28:27 UTC 2006

wc_fbsd at xxiii.com wrote:
> At 11:08 AM 3/28/2006, you wrote:
>> Selections 5 through 8 will no longer be valid in April. The list of
>> counties changed. More counties than #6, #7, #8 are going to Central
>> TZ, one county is going with "Commerce Time", and item #5 (most
>> locations) is switching to DST.
>
> Crikeys!  When is Indiana just gonna realize they are far enough west,
> they SHOULD all be Central time?!  I grew up in western Ohio, and I
> remember it was light till nearly 11pm at the solstice.
>
>   -Wayne

Sorry but after 20+ years of debate every session, it was just cheaper
to change timezones, change DST, change anything. Just end the argument.

Somehow it came about that changing to DST would save millions of
dollars a year and bring in billions in additional income to the state.
Not sure how, no one ever answered that question.

But looking at the docs for Exchange server and LookOut it would seem
that PC support companies are going to make a fortune ;^)

DAve

--
This message was checked by forty monkeys and
found to not contain any SPAM whatsoever.

Your monkeys may vary