how to create da* device?

David J Brooks daeg at houston.rr.com
Tue Mar 28 17:31:59 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 09:46, Peter wrote:

> > Do you have another usb drive that works?
>
> Yes!  An "identical" drive works but this one doesn't (anymore).  But
> why does it work with Windows?  The same behaviour is exhibited on
> another machine (6.0) [both disks worked and then this one ceased to
> work].  The system I am currently using is 5.4.

Try plugging it into the box with a USB extender cable... I have a
umass 'flash' drive that works fine on every computer I've plugged it into,
except for the one at my office. On that machine (an XP box) it isn't
recognized at all, unless I use an extender. It seems to be a unique problem
between that particular device and that particular machine. Go figure...

David
--
Sure God created the world in only six days,
but He didn't have an established user-base.