Mail service principles: can I have the second mailbox

Kelly D. Grills kdgrills at the-grills.com
Tue Mar 28 01:47:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 09:28:55AM +0300, User Elisej wrote:

> Yes, sir, I will provide any information you need.

I could be a maam, you never can tell ;=)

> I want to have two mailboxes with two addresses (for one account)
> on my computer. These different mailboxes I mean to use for different sources
> of incoming mail. So I need two real mailboxes, not two aliases
> for one mailbox. Then I can give my different address to different senders.
>
> Although, I can make all mail going to one address and then filter incoming
> mail, I think it is a wrong way, because of superfluous action.

Well, there goes my plan. I'd think an alias along with a procmail recipe
to filter into separate mbox's would be a simple and effective solution.
Not sure what you mean by "superfluous action".

> One mailbox I have since account creation. Its address is account name.
> The sendmail sends a mail to this address to /var/mail/account_name.
> How to make the second mailbox?
>
> I have installed FreeBSD 6.0 and Sendmail 8.13.5.

I run Qmail. Hopefully someone with Sendmail knowledge will chime in
and provide the assistance you need.

--
Kelly D. Grills
kdgrills at the-grills.com