scsi tape drives

Mohan Singh mohansingh68 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:32:02 UTC 2006

According to FAQ 4.3.3, SCSI tape drives are supported. I'm looking at
getting a Dell PowerVault 124T Autoloader LTO-3 system.

This product has an Ultra-2 SCSI interface, can I reasonably assume
that I can run this machine via a FreeBSD system and it will work?

I am aware that I might have issues with the software that will
interface to this drive (right now we are looking at Bacula), but
right now I want to make sure that there are no issues at the
hardware-OS level.