Fw: Low perf of i386 6.0 on dell poweredge 1850 bi-Xeon 2.8ghzDualCore

Eric ericd at free.fr
Mon Mar 27 19:14:23 UTC 2006

Hi,

Still my performance problem ( for resume mysql three time slower on freebsd
6.0 than 4.11).
In fact I do new test on several server and several freebsd release and now
be quiet sure that problem come from "amr" driver.
I install 6.0 on other server with perc4 and have same very low performance.

To resume : when doing "diskinfo -v -t amrd0" with freebsd 6.0 or 5.4 on
      - bi-xeon 3Ghz and scsi 15.000t hdd on perc4di Raid1 card  I have
slower results than on
      - simple AMD 2800+ with ide discs.

I have same server with freebsd 4.11 and perfs are 2 or three time better.
If it may help I also try freebsd 5.3, it was better but again very fare
from 4.11.

Does anybody know what may goes wrong with default config of  freebsd 5.4,
6.0 or 6.1 beta4?
Is there special things to do with amr driver? ( I try with/without smp,
acpi but anything change)

Thanks for help as it seems to be quiet stupid to have bi-xeon dualcore and
install freebsd 4.11.

Eric.