mysql-server50 lacks supports for innodb ???

Mon Mar 27 12:51:30 UTC 2006

At 07:47 2006-03-27, Ian Lord wrote:
>At 02:47 2006-03-27, Glenn Dawson wrote:
>>At 10:22 PM 3/26/2006, Ian Lord wrote:
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I just installed mysql-server50 port for the ports databases directory...
>>>
>>>I compiled it using defaults
>>>
>>>make
>>>make install
>>>
>>>and InnoDB is not available...
>>>
>>>What's wrong with the port ???
>>
>>I have mysql50-server built and installed with the defaults, and it
>>has support for innodb.
>>
>>What did you do to determine that your install does not have support?
>
>I really don't know... It's a clean machine, just reinstalled
>freebsd and then I did a make and make install
>in the ports /usr/ports/database/mysql50-server/
>
>Obviously, I didn't use the without_innodb flag
>
>When I try to create a innodb table by using
>create table foo (bar mediumint(8)) ENGINE=InnoDB;
>
>If I do a
>show create table foo;
>+-------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>| Table | Create
>Table
>|
>+-------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>| foo  | CREATE TABLE `foo` (
>   `bar` mediumint(8) default NULL
>) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 |
>+-------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
>The innodb is not there it defaults back to myisam
>
>Anyone knows what could be wrong ?

I just did a
mysql> show engine innodb status;
ERROR 1235 (42000): Cannot call SHOW INNODB STATUS because
skip-innodb is defined

So I see the server is really skipping innodb... just strange that
the default install does this !
I'll try to figure out what config file I need to modify so this
doesnt happen...

Thanks for your help