List Etiquette Question - Thank yous

Oliver Iberien oliver.iberien at charter.net
Sat Mar 25 06:46:15 UTC 2006

I've posted questions to the linux users' groups for SuSE and Mandriva during
my years as a linux desktop user. They are largely composed of posts by my
fellow amateur enthusiasts, whose knowledge does not go very deep. This
list's base seems to be IT professionals who are happy to help non-competent
strangers, and do so clearly and tactfully. (And in some cases, such as with
the fellow from obsecurity.com, with a five-minute turnaround.) I find this
remarkable, and much appreciate it.

Also, the online FreeBSD handbook is a much more useful thing than anything I
ever paid to get from SuSE or Mandriva. I'm not getting all the GUI tools I
had with linux, but I have better help and better-organized reference
materials.

Thanks,

Oliver