mdmfs -P

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Fri Mar 24 22:35:42 UTC 2006

Hey all,

Some days ago I posted on the stable mailinglist, but haven't gotten a
response, so I'm trying my luck here instead.

Looking at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sbin/mdmfs/mdmfs.c.diff?r1=1.25&r2=1.26
, I see that we've finally gotten a -P option to mdmfs, enabling use of
mdmfs with a persistent vnode-backed file[system].

The patch has only been implemented in current, though, as far as I
understand. My question is simple; Is this going to be put in stable?

I'm less skilled at coding, but it looks to me as if this new option
wouldn't possibly break anything in use today. Is there any way/-where
we can say pleease, and get this patch put in stable too? I'm sure I'm
not the only one with a great need for it.

I really hope it's possible :)

Please send replies directly to my address since I'm not subscribed to
this one of the lists. Thank you!

// Leo