smb_maperror unmapped error 1:158

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Fri Mar 24 16:25:56 UTC 2006

Steel City Phantom wrote:

> i mount with the script because when i tried it with fstab, it would
> only mount read only.  even when i specified rw in the options.  i
> tried everything i could think of to get write access to it and doing
> the script like this was the only thing that worked.
> and admin is no problem.  this is a single little winblows box on a
> home network.  its purpose in life is to store these files and run
> quickbooks thru terminal sessions.  thats it.  im waiting patiently
> for the wine crew to get quickbooks running.

Well, I quite successfully mount samba partitions read write from
fstab.  Whan mounting from fstab, the relevant rc.d script does pretty
much exactly what your hand-written script does, so there's no reason it
shouldn't work.  Have you considered that that your problems mounting rw
from fstab, and the error you get now *might be related*?  It really
sounds to me like something is configured wrong on the windows end.
Good luck with figuring out what :-(

--Alex