mysql for freebsd 6.0

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at mysql.com
Fri Mar 24 01:47:29 UTC 2006

On Thursday, 23 March 2006 at  0:52:18 -0500, kalin mintchev wrote:

>   hi all...
>
>   i can't see the mysql 5 version for freebsd 6.0 on the mysql developer
> site?
>   am i blind or it's on purpose?!?!

No, it's on its way.  We should have a version up within a week or so.
But you're the first person I've seen who wants to install from the
MySQL site.  Why do you prefer this approach over the Ports
Collection?

FWIW, there are differences between the version that we (MySQL) supply
and the version that we (FreeBSD) supply, notably in the compiler
options and installation paths.  We're actively trying to ensure that
both versions will be the same.  If anybody on this list has
suggestions which version is better, I'd be interested in hearing
them.

Greg
--
Greg Lehey, Senior Software Engineer