Sendmail patch

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Thu Mar 23 15:06:24 UTC 2006

Steve Bertrand wrote:
>>> bash-2.05b# uname -a
>>> FreeBSD web6.tls.net 5.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE
>> #0: Mon Feb
>>> 23
>>> 20:45:55 GMT 2004
>>> root at wv1u.btc.adaptec.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>>>
>>> I did,
>>> bash-2.05b# cvsup standard-supfile
>>> bash-2.05b# cd /usr/src
>>> bash-2.05b# patch < /path/to/patch
>>> bash-2.05b# cd /usr/src/lib/libsm
>>> bash-2.05b# make obj && make depend && make
>>>
>>> and I get this,
>>> bash-2.05b# make
>>> "/usr/src/lib/libsm/Makefile", line 11: Malformed conditional
>>> (${MK_INET6_SUPPORT} != "no")
>> "/usr/src/lib/libsm/Makefile", line 13:
>>> if-less endif "/usr/src/lib/libsm/Makefile", line 13: Need
>> an operator
>>> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>>>
>>> I used the patch for 4.11 and 5.3
>>>
>>> Anyone got any ideas?
>>>
>>> DAve
>> That's two servers with the same error. My 4.X server did
>> just fine, as did my 5.4 servers. All my toasters run qmail,
>> so of eleven servers, these two are all I have left to do.
>>
>> The Makefile looks fine, I'm missing something obvious here.
>> Google comes up empty handed.
>
> I don't know if it will help or not, but following is the entire
> /usr/src/lib/libsm/Makefile from:

The issue is make fails on the test at line 13 which is the test for
INET6. I can comment out the test and the next makefile fails for the
same reason, on other tests.

Your Makefile reads,
.if !defined(NO_INET6)
CFLAGS+=-DNETINET6
.endif

My Makefile reads,
.if ${MK_INET6_SUPPORT} != "no"
CFLAGS+=-DNETINET6
.endif

My 4.8 Makfile does not have the INET6 test.

I've never seen this before, kinda odd. Maybe it's because I updated
source, but I am only building sendmail. I had to update my source
because the supplied patch fails against FBSD 5.2.1. If I gotta build
world or something silly to fix this I'd just as soon start over with
5.4 or another MTA.

It just really seems like a simple make issue to me.

DAve