favorite ATA/SATA hard disk brand?

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Thu Mar 23 14:33:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 01:45:39PM +0000, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:

> I'm sure they did sell everything, but it wouldn't have had the same
> dramatic effect to say that :-)  IMHO, the duff deskstar was an
> anomaly and it certainly wouldn't (and hasn't!) put me off buying
> Hitachi.

Ditto. IBM screwed up for a while about 5 years ago, got their act
together, and decided they no longer wanted to be in that business.

I've had better luck with IBM/Hitachi and Seagate than Maxtor. Had a
really bad time way way back with some 230 MB (yes, million) Western
Digital drives and haven't been interested enough in a WD offering since
to give them another try.

Having said that, have (4) 300G Seagate drives coming today, (2) ATA,
(2) SATA. Have probably jinxed myself and those drives.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net