Continuing Server Crash Saga!

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Thu Mar 23 12:02:46 UTC 2006

Grant Peel wrote:

> I am hoping someone here will tell me upgrading from 6.0 to 6.1 would
> be a trivial task, posing minimal danger, and perhaps point me to a
> decent tutorial or how to ...

Upgrading within a major release, while not trivial, is really not hard
either as long as *you follow the instructions*.  The handbook has the
howto.  However, I would still take backups of the system directories
before upgrading (/ /usr probably /var).  The shortened version can be
found in /usr/src/UPDATING.
--Alex

PS Do you really *need* quotas?  They won't do much for your performance.